Totally Jessie! Since I started this list, which contains want now almost 10 years old, E-bay is forbidden for purposes other than looking and longing. Sure, I can E-bay my way to little things, such as the much-needed Lego pirate for my carnivore terrarium, but the big ones must be found in the real--not digital--world. Imagine the day a ship in the bottle finds it way to a bookshelf near me via a coastal antique store.
Rather than publish solipsistic drivel, here's a poem that does the trick:
I do not want to go on being a root in the dark,/
hesitating, stretched out, shivering with dreams,/
downwards, in the wet tripe of the earth,/
soaking it up and thinking, eating every day.
~Pablo Neruda, "Walking Around"
3 Comments:
what a list- and half the fun is spending time searching for them. Maybe a trip to Paris is in store...
Totally Jessie! Since I started this list, which contains want now almost 10 years old, E-bay is forbidden for purposes other than looking and longing. Sure, I can E-bay my way to little things, such as the much-needed Lego pirate for my carnivore terrarium, but the big ones must be found in the real--not digital--world. Imagine the day a ship in the bottle finds it way to a bookshelf near me via a coastal antique store.
garden gnome didn't even make the list! Was I drinking when I wrote this?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home