Wear your crown a little crooked

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sad things and happy things



In no particular order, here is a list of five random things I encountered recently:



1. Happy thing turned sad: A baby female Cardinal was on the sidewalk by my garden a few days ago. She seemed lost, and cold, and I checked on her for several hours. She was really beautiful; I love all animals and have a soft spot especially for Cardinals. On the fourth hour of "Cardinal watch," she was dead. Charlie and I held a little funeral service and buried her in a handkerchief under our tree. 





2. Happy thing turned sad: I found this photo on my phone today. It is from the Ryan Adams and the Cardinals concert in Memphis. It was the band's third-to-last gig on the tour, and the sound was bad at the venue, so the MFC played a pretty short show. This is the only photo I kept of the show--that's Ryan's silhouette in front of the neon blue rose.












3. Happy thing: Today is Charlie's birthday!!!




4. Happy thing: Earlier I blogged about my houseplants and attached a photo. Now look at what the crazy plant's flower looks like...a giant red phallus! Ha!  
















5. Happy thing: Tomorrow my class takes its final, which I wrote today.

3 Comments:

Blogger pretty crumpets said...

so cool how all of these are about cycles/aspects of life beginning and ending.

May 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Wendyness said...

Wow...I hadn't even realized that when I posted! You're so wise Jessie. xoxo

May 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Wendyness said...

The baby cardinal was in my dream last night :(

June 8, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home